On occasion, you will be asked to update credentials for your synchronized portfolios.
This happens when TradeStops has not been able to establish a connection to your broker. It can be due to several reasons:
- You have made changes to your broker account information – such as changing your password or security questions and answers.
- The broker has made security changes to their website.
- The broker is asking security questions you have established with them during the daily updates to the portfolios.
- Some brokers have a series of security questions that need to be cycled through. You will need to update your credentials until all of the questions have been answered.
If your credentials need to be updated, TradeStops will send you an email reminder. Please follow the steps in this email.
IMPORTANT: Before taking the steps to update credentials, make sure you are logged out of your broker account(s).
After clicking the yellow “Resolve” button, you will be prompted to enter your broker credentials and your account should resume their daily refresh.
If you need to update your broker credentials at any other time, you can take the following steps:
- Click on the Portfolios tab in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Click the downward-pointing triangle to the left of your portfolio name. Then, click Synchronize.
- The following page will appear:
- Click update, and then enter the login credentials that you use to access the account on the broker’s website.
Once the updating process has completed, a message will display that the process was successful, and your account name will no longer be highlighted in pink. Close the message to continue working in your TradeStops account.
IMPORTANT: New account activity such as bought or sold positions will be updated. You will need to add missing data (if applicable) and alerts to any newly synchronized positions.