The synchronizing process is a fast way to populate your TradeStops account.
By using this method, we import all of your holdings from your broker to TradeStops. This way, you can put the power of our advanced alerting system to use right away.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you are not logged into your broker account before attempting to synchronize with TradeStops.
After the initial import, all future purchased and sold positions will also be synchronized.
To synchronize TradeStops with participating online brokers, take the following steps:
- Click the Portfolios tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Click the Add Portfolio button (2)
Select Your Broker
Now, choose your brokerage. If you do not find your brokerage, please contact our Customer Success Team.
- Click on your broker or search for your broker.
In the next pop-up box, fill in your Broker credentials.
The amount of time it takes to complete the process will depend upon the number of investments in your brokerage account. Once completed, the following Import Process screen will display:
Automatic alerts will be added to your positions. To adjust your automatic settings, review the steps in the article Alerts. All new TradeStops accounts will have this setting on by default.
- Click the Close button to close the Import Process window, or click the View Portfolios button to be taken to your Position & Alerts screen to review your imported positions.
- What is a Portfolio in TradeStops?
- Adding Portfolios
- Broker Synchronization
- How do we synchronize your portfolio?
- How to Add Missing Data & Alerts
- How to Create Portfolios – Synchronized
- Importing Missing Portfolios
- Known Broker Issues
- New Synchronized Positions
- Position was not detected at brokerage
- Restoring Deleted Synchronized Positions
- Synced Portfolio Troubleshooting
- Synchronization – MFA
- Synchronizing with Online Brokers
- Updating Broker Credentials
- Editing and Deleting