Overview of Positions and Alerts View
This is where you can view positions, alerts, and closed positions.
From this page, you can add new positions and alerts. You can also edit positions and alerts.
Take note of the lower tabs:
- Positions tab (1) shows all of your open positions.
- Alerts tab (2) shows the details of the alerts you created for your investments.
- Closed Positions tab (3) shows the positions you have sold, the gain/loss of each position, and the total gain/loss for the portfolio.
To display detailed statistics about your portfolio, click “Show Portfolio Summary” below your portfolio name on the top left.
If you have selected multiple portfolios such as “All” or “All Investment” following area will display:
Here you can see data for all portfolios:
- Basic Information limited information will display if you have selected more than one portfolio.
- Portfolio Statistics displays totals for all selected portfolios.
- Asset Allocation shows a pie chart of your portfolio diversification. A more detailed version of this pie chart can be found in the Asset Allocation [Premium and Lifetime Members Only] section.
If you select a single portfolio you will be able to edit portfolio details in this area.
To hide this view, just click the link “Hide detailed portfolio stats”.
Views control the sets of columns visible on the screen. These can be adjusted and edited to suit your needs (1). You can learn about views in the article Overview of Positions and Alerts View.
NOTE: Definitions and formulas for the columns are in Calculations and Column Definitions.
Filtering by Status
To filter your positions by the Status, simply select the icon from the “Status” drop down box.
Templates are saved alerts or sets of alerts that can be applied to a position. Using templates makes it easier to apply alerts to many positions at a time.
The Templates area can be accessed from your Positions & Alerts page. Click the down arrow next to your name on the top right corner and select “Templates” (1). We go over Templates in the section Templates.
The Event History page shows a log of all activity for your account. This is useful for tracking different actions you have taken.
The Event History area can be accessed from your Positions & Alerts page. Click the down arrow next to your name on the top right corner and select “Events” (1). We go over Event History in greater detail in the section Event History.