How To Bulk Edit Multiple Positions
This feature is particularly handy for newly synchronized positions, where many positions have missing entry dates and entry prices, or for newly synchronized options with missing expiration months or strike prices. Bulk editing is limited to entry dates and prices.
NOTE: Bulk edit can be used for a maximum of 10 positions at a time.
To edit multiple positions, take the following steps:
- Click on the Positions & Alerts tab in the main menu at the top of the page (1).
- Make sure you are on the Positions tab (2).
- Click to place a check mark in the squares in the far left column (3) for up to 10 positions at a time.
- Click the Bulk Edit (4) button, and the following Edit Position Data window will display:
- If needed, add/edit the Entry Date (1) and Entry price (2).
- For Options, enter the missing expiration months, strike prices, and call/put statuses.
- Add any notes (3) to your positions.
- Add any tags (4)that you would like to include.
- Click the green Save button.
TIP: Tags are trigger words to help you categorize your stocks, i.e. gold v. silver. Notes can help you remember why you purchased a position, i.e. Stansberry recommendation.