We don’t adjust share prices for DRIPs in Tradestops. If you are synchronizing with an online broker, the additional shares will be detected and brought in automatically. For manually added positions, you would need to edit the position and adjust your shares for DRIPs. In both cases, we don’t adjust the entry price – so if you wish, you could average out your cost basis, and adjust the entry price in TradeStops manually. To edit a position, just click on the symbol to open the position details screen, then click Edit, and adjust the fields required, then click Save.
TradeStops does not track Option Spreads as combined positions. We track basic call and put positions, and each are entered as a separate position. If you are trading Option Spreads, each leg of your option spread can be entered separately with it’s own alerts.
- FAQ – Can I edit column information?
- FAQ – Can I have alerts added automatically to synchronized positions?
- FAQ – Can you enter multiple purchase lots made over time for the same position?
- FAQ – Do you support DRIPs or Option Spreads?
- FAQ – How do I adjust columns?
- FAQ – How to edit a trailing stop
- FAQ – How do I use the Chat feature in TradeStops?