FAQ – Can I have alerts added automatically to synchronized positions?
Automatic alert creation is easy
Automatic alerts can be set for synced positions. Follow the steps below.
- Click on your name in the top right corner of TradeStops. Then, click Settings.
- Click on the Alerts link in the submenu.
- To have alerts added automatically, select “Yes” next to “Create Alerts Automatically” and continue to step 4. Otherwise, click “No” and don’t continue.
- Select the alert type you want to use. It can be VQ, SSI, or a 15%, 20%, or 25% trailing stop.
- Plus and Premium subscribers can select an alert type for options.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Read more about Alert types in the article Alerts.
NOTE: Customers who subscribe to TradeStops after April 29, 2015 will have their alerts automatically added to their synchronized positions. The alerts will be either a VQ Trailing Stop for Basic members or a Stock State Indicators for Plus and Premium members. A 25% trailing stop will be added to positions that do not have enough historical data to calculate a VQ or SSI.
- FAQ – Can I edit column information?
- FAQ – Can I have alerts added automatically to synchronized positions?
- FAQ – Can you enter multiple purchase lots made over time for the same position?
- FAQ – Do you support DRIPs or Option Spreads?
- FAQ – How do I adjust columns?
- FAQ – How to edit a trailing stop
- FAQ – How do I use the Chat feature in TradeStops?