IMPORTANT: Sold synchronized positions (partial or complete) should automatically update. It can take 1 to 3 days for these positions to update, though.
To close a position that has been partially sold, take the following steps:
- Click on the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Next, click on the Positions tab (2).
- Click on the down arrow in the Actions column. Click Close Position (3), and the Close Position window will display as follows:
- Enter/Edit the Close Date. It will default to today’s date.
- Enter the Close Price.
- Enter the Brokerage Commission, if applicable.
- Click to place a check mark in the Partial Close box (1).
- Enter the number of Shares To Sell (2).
- If you would like to set a Re-Entry Rule alert on this position and have it entered into your Watch Portfolio, select Yes for “Set Re-Entry Alert.”
- Click the OK button.
Once completed, the existing position will be updated to subtract number of shares, and the sold shares will be found on the Closed Positions page.
- Closed Position – Add an already Closed Position
- Closed Position – add expired option
- Closed Position – custom closed views
- Closed Position – Delete multiple closed positions
- Closed Position – Delete single closed position
- Closed Position – Edit Closed Positions
- Closed Position – edit custom closed views
- Closed Position – How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- Closed Position – how to move them
- Closed Position – How to View Them
- Closed Position – export closed positions
- Closed Position – How To Print Closed Positions
- Closed Positions – How to Close
- Closed Positions – Overview
- Closing Synchronized Positions Manually
- How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- How to Close a Sold Position