IMPORTANT: Sold synchronized positions (partial or complete) should automatically update. It can take 1 to 3 days for these positions to update, though.
To close a position that has been partially sold, take the following steps:
- Click on the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Next, click on the Positions tab (2).
- Click on the down arrow in the Actions column. Click Close Position (3), and the Close Position window will display as follows:
- Enter/Edit the Close Date. It will default to today’s date.
- Enter the Close Price.
- Enter the Brokerage Commission, if applicable.
- Click to place a check mark in the Partial Close box (1).
- Enter the number of Shares To Sell (2).
- If you would like to set a Re-Entry Rule alert on this position and have it entered into your Watch Portfolio, select Yes for “Set Re-Entry Alert.”
- Click the OK button.
Once completed, the existing position will be updated to subtract number of shares, and the sold shares will be found on the Closed Positions page.
The entry date listed on the “Re-Entry Watchlist” will be the day after one closes at the broker. If one closes it manually, then it should be reflected as the day they close the position in TradeStops.
- Closed Position – Add an already Closed Position
- Closed Position – add expired option
- Closed Position – custom closed views
- Closed Position – Delete multiple closed positions
- Closed Position – Delete single closed position
- Closed Position – Edit Closed Positions
- Closed Position – edit custom closed views
- Closed Position – How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- Closed Position – how to move them
- Closed Position – How to View Them
- Closed Position – export closed positions
- Closed Position – How To Print Closed Positions
- Closed Positions – How to Close
- Closed Positions – Overview
- Closing Synchronized Positions Manually
- How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- How to Close a Sold Position