Closed Position – add expired option
You can back-populate your Closed positions page with a position you have already closed if you’d like to keep a record of it in your TradeStops account.
To do this, use the “Advanced Mode” to add your position. Let’s briefly revisit those steps:
To add a closed position, start by adding a position the normal way. Click the green Add Position button.
Then, switch into advanced mode (1) in the pop-up that appears.
Adding a Closed Option
- Select the Portfolio you would like to save your expired option in.
- For Trade Type, select Option.
- Click the check box for “Expired Option” (1).
- Use the Scroll buttons to select the year your option expired (2).
- Enter the expiration month, strike price, and call/put status as well as your entry date, entry price, and number of contracts.
- The Status of your option will already be “closed” (1).
- Enter your close date and close price if you sold the option before the expiry date. If your option expired worthless, you can enter $0.00 in this field (2).
- Enter your exit commission.
- Click “save” (3).
Your expired option will be saved on your closed positions page.