You can back populate your Closed positions page with an Option that has already expired if you would like to keep a record of it in your TradeStops account.
To do this, use the “Advanced Mode” to add your option. Let’s briefly revisit those steps:
To manually add positions in Advanced Mode, take the following steps:
- Click on the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Click the Positions tab (2).
- Click the Add Position button (3), and the following Add Position window (Simple Mode) will display as follows:
- Click the link at the top of the simple mode window (1) to switch to Advanced Mode, and the Add Position page will display.
- Select the Portfolio you would like to save your expired option in.
- For Trade Type, select Option.
- Click the check box for “Expired Option” (1).
- Use the Scroll buttons to select the year your option expired (2).
- Enter the expiration month, strike price, and call/put status as well as your entry date, entry price, and number of contracts.
- The Status of your option will already be “closed” (1).
- Enter your close date and close price if you sold the option before the expiry date. If your option expired worthless, you can enter $0.00 in this field (2).
- Enter your exit commission.
- Click “save” (3).
Your expired option will be saved on your closed positions page.
- Closed Position – Add an already Closed Position
- Closed Position – add expired option
- Closed Position – custom closed views
- Closed Position – Delete multiple closed positions
- Closed Position – Delete single closed position
- Closed Position – Edit Closed Positions
- Closed Position – edit custom closed views
- Closed Position – How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- Closed Position – how to move them
- Closed Position – How to View Them
- Closed Position – export closed positions
- Closed Position – How To Print Closed Positions
- Closed Positions – How to Close
- Closed Positions – Overview
- Closing Synchronized Positions Manually
- How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- How to Close a Sold Position