Closing a position instead of deleting it will keep a record of your gains and losses on your “closed positions” page.
IMPORTANT: Sold positions (partial or complete) that are synchronized should update automatically. It can take 1 to 4 days for these positions to update.
To close an entire position that has been sold, take the following steps:
- First, click on the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Next, click on the Positions tab (2).
- Then, click on the down arrow in the Actions column. Click on Close Position (3)
- Select “Close Position” (4)
The Close Position window will display as follows:
- Enter/edit the Close Date (1). It will default to today’s date.
- Next, enter the Close Price (2).
- Then, enter the Brokerage Commission, if applicable (3).
- If you would like to set a Re-Entry Rule alert on this position and have it entered into your Watch Portfolio, select Yes for “Set Re-Entry Alert” (4).
- Click the OK button (5), and the position will be moved to the Closed Positions page.
- Closed Position – Add an already Closed Position
- Closed Position – add expired option
- Closed Position – custom closed views
- Closed Position – Delete multiple closed positions
- Closed Position – Delete single closed position
- Closed Position – Edit Closed Positions
- Closed Position – edit custom closed views
- Closed Position – How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- Closed Position – how to move them
- Closed Position – How to View Them
- Closed Position – export closed positions
- Closed Position – How To Print Closed Positions
- Closed Positions – How to Close
- Closed Positions – Overview
- Closing Synchronized Positions Manually
- How to Close a Partially Sold Position
- How to Close a Sold Position