Take the following steps to manually add positions in Simple Mode.
- Click on the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Make sure you are in the portfolio that needs the new position (2).
- Click the Add Position button (3), and the following Add Position window (Simple Mode) will display.
- Select the portfolio (1) where the position will be saved.
- Select Stock or Option (2).
- Enter the symbol (3).
TIP: If a symbol is not in TradeStops’ database, email a request to [email protected] Be sure to include the symbol, company name, and the exchange. A request does not guarantee a symbol will be added.
- Enter the Entry Date (4) when you purchased the position.
- Enter the Entry Price (5) you paid per share for the position.
NOTE: If you don’t know the entry price, click the Get Quote button to retrieve the closing price for your Entry Date. The Entry Price can be edited.
- Enter the number of shares purchased (6).
- Enter an Entry Commission (7) if any fees were incurred for the transaction (optional).
- Select if the position is Long or Short (8).
NOTE: A short position is one in which the stock is sold first in the hope that it can be bought back later for a lesser price. “Short sellers” hope to profit by a fall in the price of the stock. Covered calls and Naked Puts are examples of short option positions.
- Select the desired alert for your position (9).
NOTE: You can add more alert types through templates. Click here.
- Click “Save and Add More” to keep adding positions, or click “Save and Close” if no more positions need to be added (10).