Having alerts on your positions will ensure that you get stopped out at the right time.
It’s easy to add alerts within TradeStops. Just follow these steps:
- Click on the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Select the portfolio containing the position that needs an alert (2), or select “All” to see all positions in all portfolios.
NOTE: Ensure you are on the positions tab. The word Position will be underlined with a blue line.
- Click to place a check mark in the box to the left of the ticker symbol in the Actions column (3) to select one or more positions.
- Click the Add Alert button (4) at the bottom of the screen, and an Add Alert window will display.
You can choose between
- A VQ Trailing Stop or
- A Custom Percentage Trailing Stop
Plus, Premium, and Lifetime Members
- Select the template you would like to use from the drop down list.
Once your alerts are added, you can view them on your Alerts tab.
Editing and Deleting
Exporting and Printing
Types of Alerts