You just imported your positions from your brokerage. As you look through your positions, you notice that some of them are stopped out based on the Stock State Indicators (SSI). This upsets you because you like some of those positions. Don’t despair! You can still invest in your position even if it is in the red zone.
Let’s look at an example
You are invested in Silver Wheaton (SLW), and you notice that it is stopped out. You decide to investigate further, and click on the ticker symbol from the Positions & Alerts page.
(Click to enlarge picture)
How Do I Add an Alert?
The process of adding an alert is easy, and it takes only a few simple steps.
- Go to the Positions & Alerts page in your TradeStops program.
- Locate the Actions column on the far left side of the page.
- Check the white box in the Actions column to the left of the position you want to add the VQ alert to.
- On the bottom of the page, click Add Alert.
- In the pop-up window, click on the drop down box. Select “VQ Trailing Stop,” and then click Add.
- You will now be alerted when SLW gets stopped out based on the VQ%.
Keep in Mind
You may not want to invest too heavily in your red positions because it may throw off your portfolio balance. Be sure that you take an equal risk per position. This means having more money invested in your conservative stocks and less money in your riskier stocks.
If you decide to stay in a stopped out position, keep in mind that there could be a potential loss. The VQ% will do its best to safeguard you against any further losses. So long as you follow the stop out strategies, you will find yourself as a successful investor.
To Your Successful Investing,
Customer Success Team