Hurricane Irma was a powerful storm that left many in Florida without power. Unfortunately, our office here in Brooksville is also without power. While our power outage does not affect your ability to use the TradeStops program, it does impact your ability to call us with your questions.
We have a solution!
Some of our customer service agents who are working remotely can still answer your questions via our Chat program. We’ll go over how to use Chat today.
A Quick Solution
Let’s say that you are in the TradeStops program, and you are a little confused about what something means. You can connect with an agent with Chat to get your answer right away.
Just click on the little chat icon in the bottom right corner.
Make sure to hit Enter on your keyboard after typing each message!
The agent can see exactly where you are in the program. This will allow them to direct you exactly where you need to go in the program to solve your problem and answer your questions.
Once you have your answer from the customer service agent, you might want to close the chat window. It might get in your way of viewing some data. This is easy to do.
At the top of the chat box, there is a little horizontal line. If you click on the line, it will minimize the chat window and be out of your way.
How Can I Get a Copy of My Chat?
The customer service agent may walk you through a process-such as updating your credentials for your brokerage site. You might want to save that data. Rather than writing it all down, you can email the Chat transcript to yourself.
- In the bottom of the chat box, click on Options.
- Click Email Transcript
- Type in the Email where you want to send the Transcript
- Click Send
You Can Send a File
You might describe something a little different than how the program describes it. There is no problem with this; it works for you! Your terminology might confuse the agent though. There’s nothing to worry about. You can send a picture to the agent of what you are looking at.
- Click on Options
- Click on Send a File
- Select the Photo from your computer, and it will be sent to the agent
(Please note that you would have to take a screenshot of the area first!)
Please Keep in Mind
While our Customer Service Agents are happy to answer any of your questions, there are a couple of things that you should keep in mind.
- Our agents are not financial advisors. They cannot tell you to buy or sell a position.
- It is best to use chat for simple questions. If your question is complicated, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that agents cannot create the email for you. There are specialized agents that can help you with more complicated issues – such as sync problems.
- If you notice a calculation error, please note that our chat agents cannot make the calculations for you. Please send us an email.
- Our agents cannot process new orders or cancellations via chat.
We Hope This Helps
We hope that you find this chat feature useful while you are unable to call in for answers. Our agents will do the best that they can to help you and answer all your questions. Just please keep in mind that responses might be a little delayed as our agents work remotely.
Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the recent storms and we look forward to helping you as soon as we can restore normal operations.
In the meantime, we hope that Chat can work as a happy solution for you.
Talk to you soon,
Customer Success Team