The Bulk Edit feature lets you quickly enter missing data
Sometimes, data might be missing after you sync your portfolio with us. This can happen when you have held the position for a long time or when your brokerage site doesn’t provide our data vendor with all of the information we need. There is an easy fix for this.
It’s our Bulk Edit feature.
Where Do I Find the Bulk Edit Feature?
The Bulk Edit feature lets you quickly enter missing data, and you can do this from the Positions & Alerts tab in TradeStops.
Here is how you will do it:
- Go to Positions & Alerts
- Locate the Actions column
- In the Actions column, there are white boxes. Click on the white boxes to the left of any ticker symbol that is missing data. (NOTE: only do up to 10 at a time)
- A menu bar will appear at the bottom of your page. Click on Bulk Edit.
- Clicking on Bulk Edit will produce a menu pop up. From there, you can enter the missing information. You can also add any tags or notes about your position.
- Click Save, and your data will be saved!
Why Should I Use the Bulk Edit Feature?
You might be thinking to yourself, “This is a lot of work to enter some data. I just won’t bother.” It is worth the effort, though. Think about your alerts, for example.
If you are using a trailing stop, it will look at your entry date and entry price for a high point from which to trail. It would make sense to want this information to be accurate. If you accidently entered $100 instead of $10 as your entry price, the trailing stop would use that $100 price. You alert would not be accurate. You could lose money.
Give Bulk Edit a Try
Try out the Bulk Edit Feature today. With a little practice, you will find this tool to be quick and efficient for entering any missing data. Your positions will be more accurate and so will your alerts. The bulk edit feature will help you to keep your alerts accurate and your money safe. A little bit of effort now can save you and make you money in the future.
To your success,
TradeStops Customer Success Team