SSI Entry Signals are alert types that you may want to enter on positions that you do not yet own, to know when they trigger potential entry opportunities. By setting up a manual “Watch Only” Portfolio, you will be able to enter these positions manually and track them with Entry Signals.
- On the Add Portfolio window, click on the “Manual” tab (1).
- Give your portfolio a name (2).
- Select “Watch Only” under Portfolio Type (3).
- Click “Save”.
Once your Portfolio is saved, you will see it in the “Watch Only” section on the Portfolios page. Click on the portfolio name, and you’ll be taken to the Positions & Alerts screen, where you can then add new positions.
- Click “Add Position” (1), and the Add position (simple mode) will display.
- Make sure your Watch Portfolio is selected as the portfolio. (1).
- Fill in your position details – Symbol, Entry date (it will default to today’s date), entry price (will auto fill to the latest close for the date you entered), and number of shares. Seeing as this is just a watch position, you can enter 0 shares (2).
- Select Stock State Indicators (3).
- Click “Save” and “Close”.
Your TradeStops Success Team